In this video, explore three types of conditional formatting: data bars, color scales, and icon sets, that you can use to format your data to help you see how your company is performing.
- [Instructor] Many business managers keep track…of their company's performance using worksheets…called Dashboards.…Which presents summary information on a single worksheet.…In this movie, I will show three types…of conditional formatting.…Data bars, color scales, and icon sets,…that you can use to format your data to help you see…how your company is performing.…I have three copies of the same set of data…and I will use them to demonstrate data bars,…color scales, and icon sets.…I'll start with data bars,…and I will select cells B4 through B15,…and I will apply the data bar format to that range.…
On the home tab of the ribbon,…I'll go to the Conditional Formatting button.…From the button list, I will point to data bars…and then I can select the fill that I want.…There are two basic types gradient fill,…and I will use the blue,…to show you what that looks like.…And when I click away, you see that the color gets lighter…as it goes to the right.…So it starts fully dark and lightens…as it goes to the right.…I personally prefer to use the solid fill.…
- Creating workbooks
- Manipulating cell data
- Using core functions and formulas
- Formatting worksheet elements
- Creating PivotTables
- Collaborating with others
- Working with charts
- Adding images and shapes
- Saving workbooks
- Printing files
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started with Excel
2. Manage Workbooks
3. Work with Worksheets, Cells, and Cell Data
4. Sort, Filter, and Manage Worksheets
5. Summarize Data Using Formulas and Functions
6. Format Worksheet Elements
7. Work with Charts
8. Work with External Data and Objects
9. Explore PivotTables
10. Review and Share Your Spreadsheets
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.