You can create three kinds of sparkline charts: line, column, and win-loss. In this video, learn how to create them and point you to the formatting tools you can use to change their appearance.
- [Instructor] Sparklines which were…invented by Edward Tufte,…and detailed in his book Beautiful Evidence,…summarize data in a compact, word-sized chart…that fits inside of a single worksheet cell.…You can create three kinds of sparkline charts in Excel,…line, column, and win/loss.…In this movie, I will show you how to create them…and point you to the formatting tools you can use…to change their appearance.…In this workbook I have four columns of data.…The first is the month,…the second is revenue,…the third is the target,…and the fourth is the result.…
Let's say that I want to create a sparkline…that is based on the revenue data in column B.…To do that I will click the cell…where I want the sparkline to appear.…In this case, that's cell F2 which I already have selected.…Now, I will select cells B2…through B13.…And then on the insert tab…I will click the sparklines button,…and I want to create a line sparkline.…The create sparklines dialog box appears…and I've already selected my data range…that contains the values,…
- Creating workbooks
- Manipulating cell data
- Using core functions and formulas
- Formatting worksheet elements
- Creating PivotTables
- Collaborating with others
- Working with charts
- Adding images and shapes
- Saving workbooks
- Printing files
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started with Excel
2. Manage Workbooks
3. Work with Worksheets, Cells, and Cell Data
4. Sort, Filter, and Manage Worksheets
5. Summarize Data Using Formulas and Functions
6. Format Worksheet Elements
7. Work with Charts
8. Work with External Data and Objects
9. Explore PivotTables
10. Review and Share Your Spreadsheets
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.