You can use conditional formats, which change a cell’s appearance based on the value it contains, to indicate how your results compare to your targets.
- [Instructor] Organizations of all kinds,…whether they are corporations, charities, or social clubs,…need to keep track of how their group is doing.…Businesses set sales and profit goals,…charities have fundraising targets,…and social groups often collect dues…to pay for their get togethers.…You can use conditional formats,…which change a sales appearance based…on the value it contains…to indicate how your results compare to your targets.…As I mentioned,…a conditional format changes the appearance of the values…in the cell based on the value that it contains.…
In this workbook, I have a single worksheet,…and I have solar efficiency ratings…for a number of days in July of 2018.…Let's say that I want to highlight any cells…that have an efficiency of greater than 30%.…First I need to select the cells…to which I want to apply the rule.…So I'll select B4 through B14,…and then on the Home tab of the ribbon,…I will click the Conditional Formatting button.…And from the button list that appears,…I will point to Highlight Cells Rules,…
- Creating workbooks
- Manipulating cell data
- Using core functions and formulas
- Formatting worksheet elements
- Creating PivotTables
- Collaborating with others
- Working with charts
- Adding images and shapes
- Saving workbooks
- Printing files
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started with Excel
2. Manage Workbooks
3. Work with Worksheets, Cells, and Cell Data
4. Sort, Filter, and Manage Worksheets
5. Summarize Data Using Formulas and Functions
6. Format Worksheet Elements
7. Work with Charts
8. Work with External Data and Objects
9. Explore PivotTables
10. Review and Share Your Spreadsheets
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.