Excel 2019 includes three new types of charts you can use to summarize your data: funnel charts, for demonstrating how many items move through a process; waterfall charts that track cash flows; and map charts to summarize geographical data.
- [Narrator] Excel and Office 365…includes three relatively new types of charts…that you can use to summarize your data.…Watterfall charts that track cash flows,…Funnel charts for demonstrating…how many items move through a process,…and Map charts to summarize geographical data.…In this movie I will show you how to create all three.…I'll start on the Waterfall worksheet…and you can see here that I have…an Excel table that shows the starting balance,…a number of expenses and one line…of revenue and a total.…
If I want to create a Waterfall chart…to summarize these cash flows, then I can…click any cell within the body of the table…and then on the insert tab, I'll go to the…charts area and I'll click the Waterfall button…and I will select the Waterfall chart sub-type.…Doing so creates the chart that you see here,…and I will make it a little bit larger,…so that we have all of our data.…
You can see that all of the individual…lines are included,…but my starting balance and my total…should be treated as totals within the Waterfall chart.…
- Creating workbooks
- Manipulating cell data
- Using core functions and formulas
- Formatting worksheet elements
- Creating PivotTables
- Collaborating with others
- Working with charts
- Adding images and shapes
- Saving workbooks
- Printing files
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started with Excel
2. Manage Workbooks
3. Work with Worksheets, Cells, and Cell Data
4. Sort, Filter, and Manage Worksheets
5. Summarize Data Using Formulas and Functions
6. Format Worksheet Elements
7. Work with Charts
8. Work with External Data and Objects
9. Explore PivotTables
10. Review and Share Your Spreadsheets
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.