You can also add shapes, text boxes, and other graphics to convey information and make your worksheets more visually appealing.
- [Instructor] Most people think Excel is only good…for analyzing data using formulas, charts and so on.…That's certainly what Excel's best at,…but you can also add shapes, text boxes,…and other graphics to convey information…and make your worksheets more visually appealing.…In this movie I will show you how to add shapes…to a workbook, and no, your eyes do not deceive you,…this is a blank workbook.…What I'd like to do is to add…a couple of shapes to it.…To do that, I will go to the Insert tab of the ribbon,…and then I will click the Shapes button,…and here I have a list of all the shapes…that I can choose from.…
I haven't used any shapes, so the Recently Used Shapes…part of this palette is actually the most commonly used,…so I will, let's say, click a rounded rectangle.…So I'll click that,…and now when I move my mouse pointer…over the body of the worksheet,…you'll see that it is a thin crosshair.…That means that I can draw.…So using my mouse, I will draw a shape,…and you can see there it is.…
It has a built-in default style,…
- Creating workbooks
- Manipulating cell data
- Using core functions and formulas
- Formatting worksheet elements
- Creating PivotTables
- Collaborating with others
- Working with charts
- Adding images and shapes
- Saving workbooks
- Printing files
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started with Excel
2. Manage Workbooks
3. Work with Worksheets, Cells, and Cell Data
4. Sort, Filter, and Manage Worksheets
5. Summarize Data Using Formulas and Functions
6. Format Worksheet Elements
7. Work with Charts
8. Work with External Data and Objects
9. Explore PivotTables
10. Review and Share Your Spreadsheets
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.