You can include that information by creating a header, which appears at the top of the printed page, and a footer that appears at the bottom of the page.
- [Instructor] When you look at a worksheet…for the first time, it can be difficult to see exactly…what type of data the worksheet contains,…the last time it was updated, and so on.…You could include that information by creating a header,…which appears at the top of the printed page,…and a footer that appears at the bottom of the page.…To add a header or a footer to an Excel worksheet,…go to the Insert tab of the ribbon,…and then in the Text group, click Header and Footer.…
Doing so adds a header to the top of the worksheet,…and on the Header and Footer contextual tab of the ribbon,…you can click Go To Footer and that displays the footer…from the bottom of the page.…In this case, I'll click Go To Header again…so that I can work there.…You have quite a few options with headers and footers.…You can add a pre-made header by going to the left…of the contextual tab on the ribbon.…Click the Header button, and here you see…that you have quite a few different options…for built-in headers.…
Let's say that I want to click Page 1, Headers.xlsx,…
- Creating workbooks
- Manipulating cell data
- Using core functions and formulas
- Formatting worksheet elements
- Creating PivotTables
- Collaborating with others
- Working with charts
- Adding images and shapes
- Saving workbooks
- Printing files
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started with Excel
2. Manage Workbooks
3. Work with Worksheets, Cells, and Cell Data
4. Sort, Filter, and Manage Worksheets
5. Summarize Data Using Formulas and Functions
6. Format Worksheet Elements
7. Work with Charts
8. Work with External Data and Objects
9. Explore PivotTables
10. Review and Share Your Spreadsheets
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.