PivotTables are powerful and flexible Excel analysis tools. A PivotTable lets you rearrange, sort, and filter a data set on the fly so you can analyze it from several different perspectives with a minimum of effort.
- [Narrator] Pivot tables are powerful…and flexible excel analysis tools.…A pivot table lets your rearrange, sort…and filter a data set on the fly…so you can analyze it from several different perspectives…with a minimum of effort.…In this movie, I will show you how to create a pivot table…from a data list that is stored within the same workbook.…This workbook contains a single worksheet…and in it I have an excel table.…And in that excel table, I have a list of the orders…and you can see all of the different…bits of information that I have for each of them.…
There are couple of things to note…about the data source that you use to create a pivot table;…the first, is that it should not have any blank rows,…in fact, if there is an entirely blank row,…then excel will stop reading data above the blank row.…And you can see here, as I scroll down,…that I have no blanks.…Also, I have no extraneous data…either to the right or below my table.…You can also create a pivot table…using a data list instead of an excel table…but if you update values in the excel table,…
- Creating workbooks
- Manipulating cell data
- Using core functions and formulas
- Formatting worksheet elements
- Creating PivotTables
- Collaborating with others
- Working with charts
- Adding images and shapes
- Saving workbooks
- Printing files
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started with Excel
2. Manage Workbooks
3. Work with Worksheets, Cells, and Cell Data
4. Sort, Filter, and Manage Worksheets
5. Summarize Data Using Formulas and Functions
6. Format Worksheet Elements
7. Work with Charts
8. Work with External Data and Objects
9. Explore PivotTables
10. Review and Share Your Spreadsheets
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.