One of the most common formulas you can create in Excel is a formula that finds the sum of a column of numbers. Excel enables you to create AutoSum formulas, which are SUM or other formulas you create quickly, with just a few keystrokes or clicks of the m
- One of the most common formulas you'll create in excel is…a formula that finds the sum of a column of numbers.…Excel enables you to create auto sum formulas which…are sum or other formulas that you create quickly with…just a few key strokes or click of the mouse.…In this workbook I have a single worksheet and on…it I have quarterly revenue data for…the years 2016, 2017 and 2018.…If I want to find the sum of all the…quarterly data, for example for the year 2016,…then I can click in cell B9 and then I have…two ways to create my auto sum formula.…
I can either use a keyboard short cut which…I'll show you in a minute or I can…use the home tab of the ribbon.…I currently have the home tab displayed so I…will go to, almost all the way to the right side,…and here I have the auto sum button.…If I click the body of the auto sum button then…it creates an auto sum formula.…If I click the down arrow then…I see other functions that I can use.…So if you want to create auto sum and…you remember the key board shortcut I'm going…
- Creating workbooks
- Manipulating cell data
- Using core functions and formulas
- Formatting worksheet elements
- Creating PivotTables
- Collaborating with others
- Working with charts
- Adding images and shapes
- Saving workbooks
- Printing files
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started with Excel
2. Manage Workbooks
3. Work with Worksheets, Cells, and Cell Data
4. Sort, Filter, and Manage Worksheets
5. Summarize Data Using Formulas and Functions
6. Format Worksheet Elements
7. Work with Charts
8. Work with External Data and Objects
9. Explore PivotTables
10. Review and Share Your Spreadsheets
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.