Cutting and pasting data among cells is easy, you just click a cell, copy it, and then paste its contents, formatting and all, into another cell. In this video, explore a few different ways to copy formatting from one cell to another.
- [Instructor] Cutting and pasting data among cells…is a straightforward operation.…You just click a cell, copy it and then paste its contents…formatting and all into another cell.…In this movie I will show you a few different ways…to copy formatting from one cell to another.…In this workbook, I have a worksheet…that has a partially formatted table.…I have Monthly Sales…and then you can see columns for Month,…Customers, and Sales and also a Total Sales header…in cell E1, let's say that I want to copy the format…from A1 Monthly Sales to E1, Total Sales.…
To do that I can click cell A1 and then on the Home tab…of the ribbon on the far left, I can click…the Format Painter button, or a Copy Formatting button…as it's called here, so I'll click that once…and you can see that A1 is now selected.…It has the marquee around it, then I'll click cell E1…and the format has just been copied over…so that is a very very quick way to do it.…If you want to copy the format from a cell…to multiple other cells you can double click…
- Creating workbooks
- Manipulating cell data
- Using core functions and formulas
- Formatting worksheet elements
- Creating PivotTables
- Collaborating with others
- Working with charts
- Adding images and shapes
- Saving workbooks
- Printing files
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started with Excel
2. Manage Workbooks
3. Work with Worksheets, Cells, and Cell Data
4. Sort, Filter, and Manage Worksheets
5. Summarize Data Using Formulas and Functions
6. Format Worksheet Elements
7. Work with Charts
8. Work with External Data and Objects
9. Explore PivotTables
10. Review and Share Your Spreadsheets
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.