If the first chart type you select doesn’t work, you can try another one. If all you want to do is change the chart’s layout, such as by moving or removing the title, you can select from one of several pre-made layouts.
- [Instructor] One of the great things…about creating charts in Excel…is that you can summarize many data sets…using more than one type of chart.…If the first chart type you select doesn't work for you,…you can try another one.…If all you want to do is change the chart's layout…such as by moving or removing the title,…you can select from one of several premade layouts.…I have created a clustered column chart…and based on the data in cells A2 through D6.…And you can see that I have ordered counts…broken down by category and by year.…
The categories are represented by clusters…and the years are represented by the color columns.…If I want to change the layout…of this clustered column chart,…then I can click the chart.…And then on the Chart Design contextual tab,…I can click the Quick Layout button…and select another layout from this gallery.…Let's say that I'll go to the last one…on the bottom row, layout 11 and click that.…
And you can see it's been applied.…It's almost the same except that the legend…has been moved to the right side instead…
- Creating workbooks
- Manipulating cell data
- Using core functions and formulas
- Formatting worksheet elements
- Creating PivotTables
- Collaborating with others
- Working with charts
- Adding images and shapes
- Saving workbooks
- Printing files
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started with Excel
2. Manage Workbooks
3. Work with Worksheets, Cells, and Cell Data
4. Sort, Filter, and Manage Worksheets
5. Summarize Data Using Formulas and Functions
6. Format Worksheet Elements
7. Work with Charts
8. Work with External Data and Objects
9. Explore PivotTables
10. Review and Share Your Spreadsheets
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.