Even so, you can still change the appearance of your data and other worksheet values to make them easier to understand. In this video, learn how to change the appearance of your text, cell backgrounds, and cell borders.
- When you save data in Excel,…you are usually more concerned with the numbers…than how they look in the worksheet.…Even so you can still change the appearance of your data…and other worksheet values to make them easier…to understand.…In this movie, I will show you how to change the appearance…of your text, cell backgrounds and cell borders.…This workbook contains a single worksheet…and on it I have monthly revenue data…for calendar years 2013 through 2018.…I have no format applied which means it can be kind…of difficult to tell the labels from the actual data.…
So let's make some changes.…I'll start by clicking in cell A one which contains monthly…revenue, which for me, serves as a title for the worksheet.…That means I want to make the text larger…and also perhaps change its color so it stands out more.…If you want to change the font that is used to display text…then you can click the cell in this case A one,…which I've already done.…Then on the Home tab of the ribbon, go to the font control,…click it's down arrow,…
- Creating workbooks
- Manipulating cell data
- Using core functions and formulas
- Formatting worksheet elements
- Creating PivotTables
- Collaborating with others
- Working with charts
- Adding images and shapes
- Saving workbooks
- Printing files
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started with Excel
2. Manage Workbooks
3. Work with Worksheets, Cells, and Cell Data
4. Sort, Filter, and Manage Worksheets
5. Summarize Data Using Formulas and Functions
6. Format Worksheet Elements
7. Work with Charts
8. Work with External Data and Objects
9. Explore PivotTables
10. Review and Share Your Spreadsheets
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.