Many Excel workbooks are straightforward data collections, while others require explanation or annotation. In this video, learn how to add and format text boxes to enhance the content in your workbooks.
- [Instructor] Many cell workbooks…are straightforward data collections,…while others require explanation or annotation.…In this movie, I will show you how to add…and format text boxes to enhance the content…of your workbook.…This workbook contains the category sales data…for the years 2016, 2017 and 2018.…And you can see a chart on the right…that summarizes the number of sales.…Let's say that I happen to know…that the results for 2018 have not been audited,…so they're not final.…
What I can do to express that information…is to add a text box.…To do that I will go to the insert tab of the ribbon,…and then I will click the shapes button,…and the first shape usually under recently used…is the text box.…If it's not there, you can also find it…at the top left of basic shapes.…So I'll click the text box there,…and my mouse pointer changes to…a pointer with an A and a circle below that.…
That means I'm drawing a text box.…So I'll go ahead and draw it,…and I'll make it larger than I need.…There we go.…And you see that I have the text box…
- Creating workbooks
- Manipulating cell data
- Using core functions and formulas
- Formatting worksheet elements
- Creating PivotTables
- Collaborating with others
- Working with charts
- Adding images and shapes
- Saving workbooks
- Printing files
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started with Excel
2. Manage Workbooks
3. Work with Worksheets, Cells, and Cell Data
4. Sort, Filter, and Manage Worksheets
5. Summarize Data Using Formulas and Functions
6. Format Worksheet Elements
7. Work with Charts
8. Work with External Data and Objects
9. Explore PivotTables
10. Review and Share Your Spreadsheets
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.