Excel 2010: Macros in Depth
In Excel 2010: Macros in Depth, author Dennis Taylor explains how macros can be used to automate tasks in Excel and walks through the process of creating and running simple macros. This course also covers advanced topics such as making macros widely available through the Personal Macro Workbook, recording a macro in stages, absolute and relative recording, and using Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) for actions that can't be recorded. The course wraps up with a macro project that brings together each of the elements in a real-world scenario. Exercise files are included with the course.
- Understanding what a macro does
- Recording and adding functionality to a macro
- Running macros
- Creating non-recordable VBA code
- Testing a macro in Step mode
- Joining two macros
- Using loop structures
- Streamlining macros
- Creating a Personal Macro Workbook
- Hi, I'm Dennis Taylor, welcome to Microsoft Excel 2010 Macros in Depth. If you want to eliminate some of the drudgery associated with repetitious command sequences or data manipulation tasks, then you need to know more about macros, Excel's automation capability. I'll show you when it's appropriate to use macros, and in the process familiarize you with the following features. Creating macros by recording keystrokes, expanding a macro for more than one task, making macros available to all Excel workbooks, launching macros with keystroke short cuts and toolbar buttons, editing VBA code and making sense of that VBA environment, debugging and testing macros via step mode and split screens, and expanding the power of macros with do loops and if commands.
For many Excel users, macros become a power tool with seemingly unlimited capabilities. I'll show you this power as we get started with Excel 2010 Macros in Depth.
Excel 2010: Charts in Depth514,007 Views
Cleaning Up Your Excel 2010 Data280,598 Views
Excel 2010: Managing Multiple Worksheets and Workbooks141,314 Views
Excel 2010: Advanced Formatting Techniques246,299 Views
Excel 2010: Financial Functions in Depth284,335 Views
Excel 2010 Essential Training5,995,580 Views
Up and Running with VBA in Excel1,206,830 Views
Excel 2010: Pivot Tables in Depth1,363,317 Views
Excel 2010: Advanced Formulas and Functions1,002,288 Views
Excel 2013 Essential Training6,242,092 Views