Excel 2010: Advanced Formulas and Functions
In Excel 2010: Advanced Formulas and Functions, author Dennis Taylor demystifies formulas and some of the most challenging of the nearly 400 functions in Excel and shows how to put them to their best use. The course reviews the building-block functions, along with a few critical keyboard shortcuts that will speed up working with Excel data. It also covers how to perform advanced searching and data retrieval with LOOKUP functions, tabulate data with counting, statistical, and math functions, reformat data with text functions, and work with financial data using advanced formulas. Exercise files accompany the course.
- Referencing, copying, updating, and converting formulas
- Using the logical functions and creating compound logic tests
- Searching for and matching data based on specific criteria
- Reconfiguring cell data using text functions
- Calculating dates, times, and days of the week
- Analyzing mathematical and financial data
- Using the power functions, COUNTIFS, SUMIFS, and AVERAGEIFS
- Working with rounding functions
- Returning cell references
- Hi, I'm Dennis Taylor, and I'm pleased to present Excel 2010: Advanced Formulas and Functions. For many Excel users, the central focus of what they do is writing formulas and functions. If you really want to take advantage of Excel's power, you need exposure to its many functions. Nobody needs to know them all, of course, but just mastering the intricacies of such vital functions as if and vlookup, as well as the related match and index functions, gives you enormous control over your data and opens the door to creative data analysis and manipulation.
I'll start off by showing you some great shortcuts for building formulas and functions, numerous variations on the aforementioned if and lookup functions, vital statistical and math functions, and some date functions that could prove to be indispensable. I'll show you how text functions can help you clean up flawed data, how powerful array formulas and functions give you even more analytical possibilities, and I'll show you how to use functions in combination with one another to achieve even greater power.
To become a proficient and more confident Excel user, you need to know more about formulas and functions. This course is filled with tons of techniques and tools to help you reach those objectives. Welcome to Excel 2010: Advanced Formulas and Functions.
Learn Access for Office 3650 Views
Affiliate Marketing Fundamentals157,887 Views
Java SE 8 New Features109,812 Views
SketchUp 8 Essential Training863,779 Views
Writing Business Reports121,124 Views
Excel 2010 Essential Training5,756,965 Views
Excel 2010: Pivot Tables in Depth1,309,159 Views
Excel 2013 Essential Training5,659,883 Views
Access 2013 Essential Training2,494,302 Views
Access 2010 Essential Training3,079,123 Views