Excel 2010: Data Validation in Depth
In Excel 2010: Data Validation in Depth, author Dennis Taylor shows how to use the data validation tools in Excel to control how users can input data into workbooks and ensure data is entered consistently and accurately. The course covers creating dropdown lists, preventing duplicate entries, and controlling the format of numeric data, dates and times, and text entered into worksheets. Exercise files are included with the course.
- Testing for whole numbers and decimals
- Using the input message box
- Sequencing and placing lists
- Creating multi-tiered lists
- Setting date and time limitations
- Limiting text length
- Locating data validation rules
- Hi I'm Dennis Taylor and welcome to Excel 2010 Data Validation In Depth. If you need your data to be accurate, and you want to enter it quickly, then this is the right course for you. I'll be showing you how to limit the types of numbers you can enter and how to set up error and warning messages. We'll look at drop-down lists as a way to ensure valid data entry and save a lot of typing effort and we'll examine methods for controlling the entry of date/time information, as well as limiting the length of text entries.
These are quick and easy ways to greatly increase data accuracy. Let's get to it with Excel 2010 Data Validation In Depth.
After Effects Apprentice 16: Creating a Medical Opening Title88,132 Views
Photoshop CS2 FAQs153,952 Views
iDVD '08 Essential Training123,883 Views
iTunes 5 and 6 + iPod Essential Training168,537 Views
Songwriting in Pro Tools40,223 Views
Excel 2010 Essential Training5,756,965 Views
Access 2013 Essential Training2,494,302 Views
Excel 2010: Pivot Tables in Depth1,309,159 Views
Excel 2010: Advanced Formulas and Functions968,662 Views
Excel 2013 Essential Training5,659,883 Views