Migrating from Excel 2008 for Mac to Excel 2011
In Migrating from Excel 2008 for Mac to Excel 2011, David Rivers shows Excel 2008 for Mac users how to make the transition to Excel 2011. The course reviews the key differences between the two versions, including the new Ribbon interface, and demonstrates how common Excel 2008 tasks are performed in Excel 2011. The course also covers working in a mixed Excel environment and dealing with file compatibility issues. Exercise files are included with the course.
- Using keyboard shortcuts
- Understanding file format differences
- Staying compatible with the Compatibility Report
- Working with 2011 functions
- Using templates
- Recording VBA macros
- Creating PivotTable reports
- Protecting cells in a workbook
- Sharing a workbook
- [Voiceover] Hi and welcome to Migrating from Excel 2008 to Excel 2011, I'm David Rivers. Microsoft has incorporated some major changes and some improvements in Excel 2011. So if you plan on migrating from Excel 2008, this course will help to make your transition to Excel 2011 as smooth and seamless as possible. We'll begin with a discussion about the reasons to switch to Excel 2011 before we take a tour of the new and improved fluent user interface, examining the ribbon and keyboard shortcuts.
We'll explore compatibility and how you'll be able to work better with users of Excel for Windows, and, we'll look at how some of the common functions and commands you may have been using in Excel 2008 have changed in Excel 2011. For the most part, these changes are either totally new or greatly improved. So with all these topics to cover, let's get started.
Excel 2008 for Mac: Pivot Tables for Data Analysis52,134 Views
Up and Running with reddit14,101 Views
Up and Running with RSS and Podcast Subscriptions10,491 Views
Adobe Draw for Illustration21,104 Views
Fireworks CS3 Essential Training662,965 Views
Excel 2013 Essential Training5,659,883 Views
Excel for Mac 2011 Essential Training1,323,955 Views
PHP with MySQL Essential Training3,907,848 Views
Foundations of Programming: Fundamentals6,728,971 Views
Excel 2010 Essential Training5,756,965 Views