Ready to watch this entire course?
Become a member and get unlimited access to the entire skills library of over 4,800 courses, including more Business and personalized recommendations.Start Your Free Trial Now
- View Offline
- Understanding statistical terms
- Creating a basic Excel table
- Auditing formulas
- Creating frequency distributions for qualitative data
- Calculating a running total
- Creating a histogram
- Using PivotTables
- Calculating mean, median, mode, and other numerical data
- Using probability distributions
- Population sampling
- Testing hypotheses
- Developing liner and multiple regression models
Skill Level Intermediate
- Hi, I'm Curt Frye. Welcome to Excel 2007 Business Statistics. In this course I'll show you powerful techniques that you can use to analyze your business data to help you make better decisions about your company and it's operations. I'll start by showing you how to use Excels built in tools to manage your data, examine your formulas and install the Analysis ToolPak add-in which greatly extends your ability to analyze data in Excel. Next, I'll define important statistical terms, discuss the two different types of statistical analysis and provide an overview of how you can use statistics to help run your business.
With that information in mind, I'll dive into the specifics of statistics in Excel, showing you how to summarize your data by using charts and graphs, creating frequency distributions for non numerical data and by calculating averages, standard deviations, and other useful statistics. The last half of the course presents more advanced techniques, such as analyzing several distinct data distributions inferring information about a dataset based on the sample and testing hypothesis.
I'll end the course with a look at forecasting and linear regression, techniques you can use to plan the future of your business. Excel 2007 provides powerful statistical capabilities that help you gain useful insights. I'm sure you'll find this course will be time well spent.
Sign up for a Premium Membership to download courses for Internet-free viewing.
Watch offline with your iOS, Android, or desktop app.Start Your Free Trial
After signing up, download the course here or from the iOS/Android App.