Excel 2007: Data Validation in Depth
In Excel 2007: Data Validation in Depth, author Dennis Taylor shows how to use the data validation tools in Excel to control how users can input data into workbooks and ensure data is entered consistently and accurately. The course covers creating dropdown lists, preventing duplicate entries, and controlling the format of numeric data, dates and times, and text entered into worksheets. Exercise files are included with the course.
- Testing for whole numbers and decimals
- Using the input message box
- Sequencing and placing lists
- Creating multi-tiered lists
- Setting date and time limitations
- Limiting text length
- Locating data validation rules
- Hi I'm Dennis Taylor and welcome to Excel 2007 Data Validation In Depth. If you need your data to be accurate, and you want to enter it quickly, then this is the right course for you. I'll be showing you how to limit the types of numbers you can enter, and how to set up error and warning messages. We'll look at drop-down lists as a way to ensure valid data entry, and save a lot of typing effort. And we'll be examining methods for controlling the entry of date time information as well as limiting the length of text entries.
These are quick and easy ways to greatly increase data accuracy. Let's get to it with Excel 2007 Data Validation In Depth.
Excel 2007: Advanced Formatting Techniques124,242 Views
Excel 2007: Creating Charts with Dynamic Data87,732 Views
Excel 2007: Managing Multiple Worksheets and Workbooks74,788 Views
Excel 2007: Working with Dates and Times69,066 Views
Excel 2007 Power Shortcuts275,745 Views
Excel 2013 Essential Training6,279,953 Views
Excel 2007 Essential Training2,862,204 Views
Excel 2010 Essential Training6,010,917 Views
Foundations of Programming: Fundamentals7,772,051 Views
CSS: Styling Navigation508,016 Views