Cleaning Up Your Excel 2010 Data
In this course, Dennis Taylor explores the functions, commands, and techniques in Excel that restructure data, remove unwanted characters, convert date data into the desired format, and prepare data for efficient analysis. This course helps get data from a business management system file, other database software, a text file, or a poorly designed Excel worksheet into optimal shape for working with in Excel.
- Moving or inserting rows and columns of data with a simple drag
- Using Text to Columns
- Harnessing the Find and Replace command to replace data at the character level
- Dealing with special characters and wildcards during search
- Converting dates with text functions
- Converting text data to values/numbers
- Checking and correcting spelling mistakes
- Splitting data into multiple columns via the Text to Columns feature
- Combining data from different columns via concatenation
Hi! I am Dennis Taylor, and I'm pleased to present Cleaning Up Your Excel Data. This course designed to confront the myriad of problems associated with streamlining your data by providing quick, easy-to-use solutions. First we'll look at how to re-adjust column row placement with simple dragging techniques for easy viewing all of your data. Then we'll examine how to transpose and adjust data using tools like Find and Replace, and Text to Columns, and we'll also look at how to take full advantage of powerful text functions to deal with unwanted spacing and formatting issues, as well as text-to-value or value-to-text Conversions.
So let's get started with Cleaning Up Your Excel Data.
Find answers to the most frequently asked questions about Cleaning Up Your Excel 2010 Data .
Here are the FAQs that matched your search "" :
- Q: Where can I learn more about Excel formulas?
- A: Discover more on this topic by visiting Excel formulas on lynda.com.
Sorry, there are no matches for your search "" —to search again, type in another word or phrase and click search.
Excel 2010 Essential Training5,756,965 Views
Access 2013 Essential Training2,494,302 Views
Excel 2013 Essential Training5,659,883 Views
Excel 2010: Pivot Tables in Depth1,309,159 Views
Excel 2010: Advanced Formulas and Functions968,662 Views
Access 2010 Essential Training3,079,123 Views
Foundations of Programming: Fundamentals6,728,971 Views
Access 2013: Queries in Depth246,429 Views
Excel 2013: Advanced Formulas and Functions946,009 Views
Excel 2013: Pivot Tables in Depth1,203,892 Views