Cleaning Up Your Excel 2010 Data
In this course, Dennis Taylor explores the functions, commands, and techniques in Excel that restructure data, remove unwanted characters, convert date data into the desired format, and prepare data for efficient analysis. This course helps get data from a business management system file, other database software, a text file, or a poorly designed Excel worksheet into optimal shape for working with in Excel.
- Moving or inserting rows and columns of data with a simple drag
- Using Text to Columns
- Harnessing the Find and Replace command to replace data at the character level
- Dealing with special characters and wildcards during search
- Converting dates with text functions
- Converting text data to values/numbers
- Checking and correcting spelling mistakes
- Splitting data into multiple columns via the Text to Columns feature
- Combining data from different columns via concatenation
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Dennis Taylor and I'm pleased to present Cleaning Up Your Excel Data. This course is designed to confront the myriad of problems associated with stream lining your data, by providing quick, easy to use solutions. First, we'll look at how to readjust column row placement with simple dragging techniques for easy viewing of all of your data. Then we'll examine how to transpose and adjust data using tools like find and replace and text to columns. And we'll also look at how to take full advantage of powerful text functions to deal with unwanted spacing and formatting issues, as well as, text to value or value to text conversions.
So, let's get started with Cleaning Up Your Excel Data.
Excel 2010: Managing Multiple Worksheets and Workbooks141,375 Views
Excel 2010: Advanced Formatting Techniques246,547 Views
Excel 2010: Real-World Projects57,738 Views
Excel 2010: Charts in Depth514,447 Views
Excel 2010: Macros in Depth472,110 Views
Excel 2010 Essential Training6,001,806 Views
Access 2013 Essential Training2,702,918 Views
Excel 2013 Essential Training6,257,122 Views
Excel 2010: Pivot Tables in Depth1,364,345 Views
Excel 2010: Advanced Formulas and Functions1,002,946 Views