Migrating from Excel 2003 to Excel 2007

with Curt Frye
please wait ...
Migrating from Excel 2003 to Excel 2007
Video duration: 0s 41m 29s Appropriate for all

Viewers:

Change can be difficult for anyone, but Migrating from Excel 2003 to Excel 2007 takes the pain out of this transition for Office users. Microsoft Most Valuable Professional Curt Frye explains why this upgrade can be very beneficial to any user, and examines the most prominent difference—the Ribbon interface—in depth. Curt shows how to overcome compatibility issues and perform common Excel 2003 tasks in Excel 2007. Exercise files accompany the course.

Topics include:
  • Changing the default file format in Excel 2007 Using the Compatibility Pack to open 2007 files in earlier versions of Excel Customizing the Excel 2007 interface Working with Excel files in a mixed-version environment Creating macro-enabled workbooks and templates
Subject:
Business
Software:
Excel
Author:

Welcome

(light piano music) - Hi, I'm Curt Frye. Welcome to Migrating from Excel 2003 to Excel 2007. In this course, I'll show you some of the features that make Excel 2007 more powerful than previous versions. Then, I'll describe strategies for you to make the switch to Excel 2007 or to work in a mixed version environment. I'll begin by describing the ribbon, the new user interface in Excel 2007 and show you how to control Excel efficiently using keyboard shortcuts.

Then we'll enhance your ability to summarize and visualize your data using the new formulas, formatting, charting and pivot table capabilities that come with Excel 2007. Finally, I'll show you how to manage workbooks across multiple versions of Excel using compatibility mode and the Office 2007 compatibility pack as well as offer best practices for working with Excel 2007 in a mixed environment. In short, I'll show you how to make the move to Excel 2007 as painless as possible. Let's get started with Migrating from Excel 2003 to Excel 2007.

please wait ...