- Working in the Visual Basic Editor
- Adding code to a macro
- Creating, exporting, and deleting code modules
- Declaring and using variables
- Managing variable scope
- Defining arrays
- Managing workbooks and worksheets with VBA
- Repeating tasks with loops
- Debugging VBA code
- Cutting, copying, and pasting cell data
- Running and triggering event procedures
Skill Level Advanced
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Curt Frye. Welcome to Up and Running with VBA in Excel. If you need to manipulate data, and want to go beyond what the macros feature offers, then this course is for you. I'll show you how to create custom macros, and enhance the power of Microsoft Excel. I'll begin by introducing the Visual Basic for applications programming language. Then, using that language as a base, I'll demonstrate how to create subroutines and functions to hold your code. I'll also show you how to discover more information about the Excel programming environment from within the Visual Basic editor.
We'll enhance your ability to build custom solutions by showing you how to declare variables and assign values to them, manipulate workbooks, worksheets, and cell ranges using object variables, and write efficient code using shortcuts built into VBA. I'll show you how to control which statements Excel runs by using program logic, run procedures when specific events occur, and analyze your code to discover and fix any errors that might occur.
In short, I'll show you how to build custom solutions using Excel's robust programming capabilities. Let's get started with Up and Running with VBA in Excel.
Excel 2010: Tips, Tricks, and Shortcutswith Dennis Taylor3h 43m Intermediate
1. Introducing Visual Basic for Applications (VBA)
2. Defining Variables, Constants, and Calculations
3. Adding Logic to Your VBA Code
4. Debugging Your VBA Code
5. Managing Workbook Elements and Data in VBA
6. Adding Advanced Elements to Your Workbook
7. Using Excel Events in Your VBA Code
8. Putting It All Together
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.