In this video, learn what Evernote is and how it can be used to capture a variety of different types of data, from text, to audio, to graphical images. You will also learn about common terminology and the components used in Evernote.
- [Instructor] Well before we begin using Evernote…to explore its many powerful features and functions,…let's take a quick look at what Evernote actually is…and what it can be used for.…In a nutshell, Evernote is a digital notebook.…It's a digital notebook that can…capture, store, and index just about any type of data…you can think of, all while syncing to the web…and across all of your devices,…like Windows PCs, Mac computers, tablets, and smartphones.…This means the more you store in Evernote,…the more powerful and useful it becomes,…and because Evernote is a digital notebook,…not a paper one, you can store more than…just what you might write down, draw, or paste into…a paper notebook.…
Sure you can write things in Evernote,…but aside from text notes,…you can add images like digital photos you have,…or digital photos you take with your tablet or smartphone.…You can record your voice and play it back…whenever you need it.…You can copy or clip something…you see on a webpage or in another document,…and keep it in your notebook.…
- Creating an Evernote account
- Creating and formatting text notes
- Creating notebooks
- Adding screenshots to a note
- Creating a multimedia note
- Clipping web content to a note
- Merging notes
- Finding notes and content
- Tagging notes
- Sharing notes
- Protecting content with encryption
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started with Evernote for Windows
2. Work with Notebooks
3. Work with Notes
4. Tag, Search, and Filter Content
5. Share Notes
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.