Harness the power of Evernote for Mac, the popular cloud note-taking and note-sharing tool. This course lays out how to use Evernote to note and track important items, take and store photos and screenshots, add audio in notebooks, and use the powerful tagging and search features to keep your notes organized and accessible.
- [David] Hi, and welcome to this course on Evernote for the Mac. I'm David Rivers. In this course I'll be showing you how Evernote can replace your paper notebooks while giving you even more options for storing content, but without any of those paper notebook limitations. We'll begin with a quick discussion about Evernote and what it really is, what you can do with it, and how you go about getting it. Then we dive into creating notebooks and adding various types of notes which go far beyond the standard text note or sketch you add to a paper notebook.
Notes can be more than just text, like images you snap with your smartphone, audio clips, or even screenshots from a favorite website or document. I'll be showing you how to create all of these types of notes and more. Of course, one of the really big advantages to Evernote is once you have all this content assembled, there are fast and easy ways to find that one piece of information you're looking for. I'll show you how tags and filters can help make it faster and easier to find what you're looking for, even finding text that might be hidden inside an image, thanks to optical character recognition.
So, with all these topics and so much more to cover, let's get you up and running with Evernote for the Mac.
- Creating an Evernote account
- Creating and formatting text notes
- Creating notebooks
- Adding screenshots to a note
- Creating a multimedia note
- Clipping web content to a note
- Merging notes
- Finding notes and content
- Tagging notes
- Sharing notes
- Protecting content with encryption
- Using Evernote on mobile devices