In this video, discover how to combine a photo taken with the camera in Evernote with text and audio to create a multimedia note.
- [Instructor] One of the best things about Evernote is you can use it on the go. If you have the app installed on your mobile device, you're on the road, you see something you want to capture, capture it with Evernote. Many people have been out to a restaurant, enjoyed a great bottle of wine, they want to remember that wine, they use their smart phone or tablet to take a picture of the label. Well if you use Evernote on your mobile device to take the picture, you create a note on the fly. That's what we're going to do, create a multimedia note. Here I am on my iPad mini, and I've just enjoyed a great bottle of wine that goes great with white meat.
I prefer red wine over white wine and this one goes great with chicken so I want to remember it for future use. So we go up to the top left corner where we see the elephant icon, give it a tap, and check out the options across the top for creating notes; text, there's photos, the camera icon, there's even audio way off to the end. We're going to take a photo, so we tap the camera icon, we line up our nice bottle of wine, we see the year is 2011 but we want to zoom in on the actual label itself.
So with that in focus we snap the picture. Down below in the bottom left corner now we see a preview that we can tap, and if we have all the information we want all we have to do now is save it, tap the save option in the top right hand corner, it gets saved to a new note. And in the background we can see that note is titled snapshot from whatever your location is. So all we have now is the image itself. We can add things to that image, some text, or even audio.
And it doesn't have to be on our mobile device, we can do it right on the Mac if we wanted to after the fact. Let's do that. We'll switch over to Evernote on the Mac. Now we already know when we capture content with a mobile device, those notes we create go to our default notebook. If you are following along with me, we renamed our default notebook inbox. So that's where we're going to find the photo we just took of our bottle of wine. Let's go up to the snippet list, click the dropdown and switch over to our default notebook.
If yours is inbox, give it a click like me, and you'll see that image that was captured, the title by default is snapshot from your location, there it is across the top, and now we have access to it here on our Mac. But we can do more with this, like add additional content, how about text, or even audio. Well we'll go down to the bottom of this label and click and you'll see a flashing cursor. Now we can add information. How about red wine, 2011 was the year, we didn't get that on the label, went well with chicken.
There we go. Now the other option when you press return is to add an audio note. Let's do that. We could have done it from our mobile device, we saw the microphone icon, it also appears up here in the top right corner above our note. There it is, the microphone icon, give it a click, it just opens up this area down below where you can start recording. Just click the record button and away you go. This bottle of red was recommended by our waiter, went well with chicken, I prefer red wine over white wine so this is an excellent option with white meat.
There we go, we click the stop button. Down below our text now we see we also have a wave file, an audio note, and a little play button if we want to play it back. This bottle of red was recommended by our waiter, went well with chicken, I prefer red wine over white wine so this is an excellent option with white meat. There we go, so we have a multimedia note. We have an image taken with the Evernote camera, text that we added, and even some audio down below.
We're done with the audio section, so you can click the X in the top right corner. And we should probably retitle this, it's snapshot from our location, but you can click and drag across that and type in whatever you'd like. How about trattoria italia red wine. There we go. Now we have the new title, the image combined with text, and audio, creating a multimedia note here in Evernote.
- Describe how to create an Evernote account.
- Explain how to configure Evernote to meet your needs.
- Cite the method for creating and managing text notes.
- Describe what you can do with the Evernote helper.
- Recall how to create a multimedia note.
- Explain how to filter notes with tags.
- Summarize how to annotate note contents.