INotifyPropertyChanged is an interface that is integral in MVVM and WPF applications. Entity Framework Core handles INotifyPropertyChanged and the IsChanged reporting differently than EF 6. Phil demonstrates the EF Core method in this section.
- [Narrator] Inotify PropertyChanged is a popular pattern in…WPF and MVVM implementations.…So your model or view model will implement the INotify…PropertyChanged interface, and raise the Property Changed…event when anything has changed.…UI's such as WPF listen for this event and automatically…update when they see that a model has changed.…And models also typically have an IsChanged property…that gets set to true when any of the properties change.…
So the problem with EF Core is that…when you materialize an object,…the properties are obviously being changed,…they're being set.…So that would mean that right out of the gate,…every entity in your DB set would have the IsChanged…property set to true.…In EF 6 we worked around this with command interception…and we would listen for the object materialized event…and then reset the IsChanged property.…
EF Core uses backing fields to materialize objects…if they exist, and it's a much better solution than…the EF6 implementation because it's not letting everything…change and then go back and reset it;…
- Entity Framework Core components and projects
- Working with scaffolded files
- Testing with xUnit
- Viewing generated SQL
- Composing queries
- Sorting and filtering results
- Working with aggregates
- Loading related data
- Logging and tracking
- Mapping functions
- Generics and delegates
- Checking concurrency
- Resiliency and transactions
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Entity Framework Corewith Reynald Adolphe1h 35m Intermediate
1. Get to Know Entity Framework
2. Set the Stage
3. Querying Data: Part 1
4. Querying Data: Part 2
5. Advanced Query Features
6. Persisting Data
7. DbContext Options and Configuration
Thank you1m 23s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.