Learn how to choose an application architecture to use with Entity Framework Core for several different scenarios.
- [Richard] Hi, I'm Richard Goforth, and welcome to this course, where we will cover software architecture with Entity Framework Core. Entity Framework Core is a cross-platform way to access data from an application, but poor architectural choices can make it more trouble than other data access technologies. This course will help you understand how to choose an application architecture to use with Entity Framework for many different scenarios, from simple demo applications through fully enterprise-ready applications. In this course, we will cover why we need all of the architecture, some design patterns that Entity Framework uses and design patterns that work well with Entity Framework, strategies for handling errors and exceptions in Entity Framework, architectural strategies for using Entity Framework within ASP.NET MVC, unit testing with Entity Framework, and finally some patterns to avoid when architecting software with Entity Framework.
I look forward to discussing application architecture with you and how to use it to get the most out of Entity Framework Core. Let's get started.
- What is good application architecture?
- Real-world software and the SDLC
- Common knowledge and maintenance
- Choosing an architecture
- Design patterns with EF
- Debugging and error handling
- Architecture for the web with ASP.NET
- Designing for unit testing
- Strategies for dealing with common performance issues