Data validation is an important part of any significant application. Here, learn about some validation options in EF Core.
- [Instructor] Data validation is an important part…of any significant application.…Some data is required.…Other data, like names, might have a finite length…that needs to be enforced.…Users might not know that something is required…or might be malicious and try to break the system.…Let's explore some of the options to validate data…with Entity Framework Core.…In earlier versions of Entity Framework,…data validations could be added as annotations…to the models and Entity Framework would do the validations…before sending the values to the database.…
In EF Core, the model is not checked before sending it…to the database, so error's in the model…that don't fit with the database,…are found when SaveChanges() fails…and a DbUpdateException occurs.…The first, and simplest way, to do data validation…with Entity Framework, is to just catch…and handle the exception when data is rejected…by the database.…The application has reasons…that it needs to handle exceptions from the database,…so there's no extra code to write.…The problem is that the database level of validation…
- What is good application architecture?
- Real-world software and the SDLC
- Common knowledge and maintenance
- Choosing an architecture
- Design patterns with EF
- Debugging and error handling
- Architecture for the web with ASP.NET
- Designing for unit testing
- Strategies for dealing with common performance issues
Skill Level Advanced
Deploying ASP.NET Core Applicationswith Nate Barbettini57m 57s Intermediate
Microsoft SQL Server 2016 Essential Trainingwith Martin Guidry3h 18m Intermediate
1. Why Do All of This Architecture?
2. Design Patterns with EF
3. Error Handling
4. Architecture for the Web with ASP.NET
5. Designing for Unit Testing
6. Entity Framework Mistakes
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.