When persisting data, Entity Framework Core also saves related data. In this section, Phil demonstrates how EF saves changes to related data.
- [Instructor] EF Core is very intelligent when…handling related data.…When persisting changes to entities, any related data…as defined by navigation properties can…be updated as well.…If one of a group of related entities is edited…in context, all of the related entities are added.…Essentially, once you add an entity into the context,…then any reachable entity is added as well.…It's also smart enough to know that if you move…a child from one parent to another, it will…update the foreign keys appropriately on Save Changes.…
And it also protects you from making accidental…deletes if you do not have Cascade turned on.…Just as in Sequel Server, if you delete a parent…record and Cascade Delete is not enabled on…the foreign key relationship, the change will fail.…The same happens with EF Core when you call Save Changes…and Cascade Delete is not enabled.…Now let's look at an example of working…with related data.…This is a fairly long test, so I'm going to go…ahead and copy it in from my pre-built sample.…
And let's talk about it.…
- Entity Framework Core components and projects
- Working with scaffolded files
- Testing with xUnit
- Viewing generated SQL
- Composing queries
- Sorting and filtering results
- Working with aggregates
- Loading related data
- Logging and tracking
- Mapping functions
- Generics and delegates
- Checking concurrency
- Resiliency and transactions
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Entity Framework Corewith Reynald Adolphe1h 35m Intermediate
1. Get to Know Entity Framework
2. Set the Stage
3. Querying Data: Part 1
4. Querying Data: Part 2
5. Advanced Query Features
6. Persisting Data
7. DbContext Options and Configuration
Thank you1m 23s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.