Understand what exposing the queryable interface from Entity Framework means for the application.
- [Instructor] The Queryable Interface is the heart of LINQ.…It allows us to easily build…complex queries against the database.…It also has some significant limitations…and some places of concern that need to be covered.…It is extremely flexible, but it can hide things…from an application developer that might cause…bugs or performance issues later on.…It is good due to the level of flexibility that exists.…Complex queries can be built in length very quickly…without the need for a separate method,…especially for one-use queries.…
It is bad for the same reason.…Some complex queries will fail…against the database because the functionality…doesn't exist, in LINQ to Entities,…which is the translation from LINQ to T-SQL…that gets executed against the database.…Let's look at an example of this.…We'll start by adding a new method…to the Order Service Interface,…get last month's orders.…Task, IlistOrder,…Get Last Months Orders.…
Save the file and we'll add the implementation…in the order service.…Public, async, Task,…IListOrder,…
- What is good application architecture?
- Real-world software and the SDLC
- Common knowledge and maintenance
- Choosing an architecture
- Design patterns with EF
- Debugging and error handling
- Architecture for the web with ASP.NET
- Designing for unit testing
- Strategies for dealing with common performance issues
Skill Level Advanced
Deploying ASP.NET Core Applicationswith Nate Barbettini57m 57s Intermediate
Microsoft SQL Server 2016 Essential Trainingwith Martin Guidry3h 18m Intermediate
1. Why Do All of This Architecture?
2. Design Patterns with EF
3. Error Handling
4. Architecture for the Web with ASP.NET
5. Designing for Unit Testing
6. Entity Framework Mistakes
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.