This video covers common performance issues and strategies for dealing with them in EF Core.
- [Instructor] Entity Framework Core…is not inherently poorly performing.…In fact, in some cases it can perform extremely close…to direct database queries.…However, it is also possible and sometimes even easy…to write poorly performing database access.…By knowing a little bit about these scenarios…they can be avoided.…Let's cover some common performance issues…and some strategies for dealing with them in EF Core.…It is important to understand…when queries are actually happening…in the process of an application.…
EF Core abstracts away a lot about the database…but it doesn't excuse not knowing when and how the database…is being accessed.…The database is still one of the core…pieces of the application and can not be ignored.…Understand when queries are actually happening…in the process of the application.…Some queries are executed before expected…and mean that a lot of entities are loaded into memory…which can be costly.…Some Linq queries just don't translate yet.…Some may not ever translate.…
Group By in Linq doesn't currently generate SQL…
- What is good application architecture?
- Real-world software and the SDLC
- Common knowledge and maintenance
- Choosing an architecture
- Design patterns with EF
- Debugging and error handling
- Architecture for the web with ASP.NET
- Designing for unit testing
- Strategies for dealing with common performance issues
Skill Level Advanced
Deploying ASP.NET Core Applications (2017)with Nate Barbettini57m 57s Intermediate
Microsoft SQL Server 2016 Essential Trainingwith Martin Guidry3h 18m Intermediate
1. Why Do All of This Architecture?
2. Design Patterns with EF
3. Error Handling
4. Architecture for the Web with ASP.NET
5. Designing for Unit Testing
6. Entity Framework Mistakes
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.