Multiple-tier applications play a significant role in software architecture.
- [Instructor] Now that we have…some concepts around layering,…we can talk about how we use data across applications,…and application tiers.…Usually, data in a database is being interacted with…through an application.…That means that the data, in one form or another,…travels through all layers of the application,…and back again.…Data in the database requires business logic…to be meaningful.…It requires being displayed,…or perhaps edited by the user to be useful.…Even though it is the same data,…we can think about it as a business object…in the business layer,…a view model in the UI layer,…and a response in an API layer.…
A multi-tiered application means that code…that is part of the application…is running in different places,…and often on different platforms.…Share as much code as possible across tiers,…but know when to separate it.…Duplicated code means that changes…have to be made in more than one place,…and are prone to bugs when a developer doesn't know…about another similar section that needs the same changes…
- What is good application architecture?
- Real-world software and the SDLC
- Common knowledge and maintenance
- Choosing an architecture
- Design patterns with EF
- Debugging and error handling
- Architecture for the web with ASP.NET
- Designing for unit testing
- Strategies for dealing with common performance issues
Skill Level Advanced
Deploying ASP.NET Core Applicationswith Nate Barbettini57m 57s Intermediate
Microsoft SQL Server 2016 Essential Trainingwith Martin Guidry3h 18m Intermediate
1. Why Do All of This Architecture?
2. Design Patterns with EF
3. Error Handling
4. Architecture for the Web with ASP.NET
5. Designing for Unit Testing
6. Entity Framework Mistakes
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.