Inversion of Control is valuable for general software architecture, and is a built-in part of .NET Core that you shouldn't ignore.
- [Instructor] Dependency Injection is a way to implement…inversion of control in software.…Entity Frameworks' flexibility and testability rely…on Dependency Injection to function.…Extending its use throughout the application…is a small step from there, and can provide…significant benefit to even very small applications.…If a piece of code requires another piece of code,…we use the example of a logging method that can…directly call it, statically identifying the code…that it wants to call.…This is straightforward but couples the business code…to the logging code.…
The real logging code is called every time…the business code is called.…The business code has control over the logging code.…This is Inversion of Control.…In Inversion of Control, the business code only knows…the interface of the dependent code, the logger.…The code is written against the interface,…and the actual code to execute it is provided at runtime…by the framework.…Rather than depending on concrete code,…it only depends on an interface.…This allows dependencies to be swapped out…
- What is good application architecture?
- Real-world software and the SDLC
- Common knowledge and maintenance
- Choosing an architecture
- Design patterns with EF
- Debugging and error handling
- Architecture for the web with ASP.NET
- Designing for unit testing
- Strategies for dealing with common performance issues
Skill Level Advanced
Deploying ASP.NET Core Applicationswith Nate Barbettini57m 57s Intermediate
Microsoft SQL Server 2016 Essential Trainingwith Martin Guidry3h 18m Intermediate
1. Why Do All of This Architecture?
2. Design Patterns with EF
3. Error Handling
4. Architecture for the Web with ASP.NET
5. Designing for Unit Testing
6. Entity Framework Mistakes
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.