In this section, Phil reviews .NET Core and Entity Framework, or EF6. Phil then introduces Entity Framework Core and demonstrates the performance improvement in EF Core.
- [Instructor] So let's talk briefly about .NET Core…and EF Core as it relates to EF.…So let's talk about some of .NET Core's goals.…I'm not going to go terribly deep into this.…My course on new features in ASP.NET Core,…I spend a lot of time talking about .NET Core,…its goals, benefits, et cetera.…But I want to mention just a few here.…So cross-platform, so you can develop and deploy…on not just Windows machines but also Mac, OS, and Linux.…
Performance is a primary concern now, right,…so instead of just bulleting on performance improvements,…everything is being written and designed…with performance in mind.….NET Standard let's us share code across multiple platforms.…You can do a stand-alone deployment…where you don't even have to have .NET Core…loaded on the machine.…Deployments are now much more modular,…and this isn't deploying your app,…this is actually getting .NET Core pieces into your app…instead of one ginormous framework,…everything is very, very modular.…
Now we have full command-line support.…This is great because not everybody's using Visual Studio.…
- Entity Framework Core components and projects
- Working with scaffolded files
- Testing with xUnit
- Viewing generated SQL
- Composing queries
- Sorting and filtering results
- Working with aggregates
- Loading related data
- Logging and tracking
- Mapping functions
- Generics and delegates
- Checking concurrency
- Resiliency and transactions
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Entity Framework Corewith Reynald Adolphe1h 35m Intermediate
1. Get to Know Entity Framework
2. Set the Stage
3. Querying Data: Part 1
4. Querying Data: Part 2
5. Advanced Query Features
6. Persisting Data
7. DbContext Options and Configuration
Thank you1m 23s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.