Entity Framework Core introduced global query filters at the Entity level for application wide filtering. Phil demonstrates creating a global query filter as well as how to disable it for specific LINQ queries.
- [Instructor] Global query filters…are linked query predicates…that are added to the model themselves.…These filters are automatically applied to every query,…and this includes indirect references…such as through navigation properties.…You can overrule a query filter…by adding the IgnoreQueryFilters() method…into your link call,…and there are a couple limitations.…You cannot reference navigation properties…in the query filter,…and they can only be defined on the root entity…in an inheritance chain.…
So let's take a look at query filters in action.…As I stated,…query filters are built on the models themselves,…so we actually have to add the query filter…to the AdventureWorksContext,…and where we do that is OnModelCreating.…Now, the problem with updating this method itself…is we will lose it if we re-scaffold the context…from the database,…for example, if the database changes.…
So one way to minimize the impact of that…is in our partial class which we've already created,…we can do some additional model configuration…
- Entity Framework Core components and projects
- Working with scaffolded files
- Testing with xUnit
- Viewing generated SQL
- Composing queries
- Sorting and filtering results
- Working with aggregates
- Loading related data
- Logging and tracking
- Mapping functions
- Generics and delegates
- Checking concurrency
- Resiliency and transactions
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Entity Framework Corewith Reynald Adolphe1h 35m Intermediate
1. Get to Know Entity Framework
2. Set the Stage
3. Querying Data: Part 1
4. Querying Data: Part 2
5. Advanced Query Features
6. Persisting Data
7. DbContext Options and Configuration
Thank you1m 23s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.