This comprehensive course shows how to work with Entity Framework Core. Get introduced to the core components and see a comparison of versions. Find out how to create new projects, add packages, and use prebuilt classes. Learn how to build queries, apply sorting, and filter the results. Discover how to work with aggregation commands and use projections. See how to load related data and run async queries. Next, move on into advanced query features, including parameterization, tracking, function mapping, and LINQ functions. Then, learn about persisting data, DbContext options, configurations, and more.
- Entity Framework Core components and projects
- Working with scaffolded files
- Testing with xUnit
- Viewing generated SQL
- Composing queries
- Sorting and filtering results
- Working with aggregates
- Loading related data
- Logging and tracking
- Mapping functions
- Generics and delegates
- Checking concurrency
- Resiliency and transactions
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Phil] Good morning, good afternoon, or good evening, depending on what time it is when you're watching this course. Welcome to Entity Framework Core Essentials, part one. My name is Phil Japikse. This course is all about querying data from your data store using Entity Framework Core. We're gonna start off with AdventureWorks, and we're gonna look at basic and advanced queries, as well as such items as server-side versus client-side processing.
This course is unique in the sense that there isn't a user-interface around a course. Everything is driven by unit tests. If you're not familiar with unit testing, that's okay, I'll get ya up to speed in the very beginning. I hope you enjoy the course.
Q: This course was updated on 06/06/2018. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: getting to know Entity Framework, setting the stage, querying data, advanced query features, and persisting data.
Learning Entity Framework Corewith Reynald Adolphe1h 35m Intermediate
Entity Framework Core Essential Training: 2with Phil Japikse1h 50m Intermediate
1. Get to Know Entity Framework
2. Set the Stage
3. Querying Data
4. Advanced Query Features
5. Persisting Data
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.