DTOs provide a way to regroup information into logical sets for each feature.
- [Instructor] A DTO, or data transfer object,…is a straightforward pattern that can be used…in several different ways to regroup…business data for a specific purpose.…The models in NBC are a type of DTO.…Opening the view models folder in the web project,…there are a few different DTOs.…The most interesting one that we have right now…is the Create Order View model.…We'll open it up.…Let's run the app and have a quick view…at creating an order.…Select Orders, and Create New.…
On this screen we have a customer to select,…a sales person to select,…and a set of items to select from.…All of the information for this screen…has to come from somewhere.…When we make some selections, and create a new order,…the selections we made need to be sent back…to the server to create the order.…We can see our new order was successfully created.…Let's stop debugging and go back…to the Create Order view model.…In the view model, we have the set information…required to make an order.…
We have the products, the customers,…and the sales people.…
- What is good application architecture?
- Real-world software and the SDLC
- Common knowledge and maintenance
- Choosing an architecture
- Design patterns with EF
- Debugging and error handling
- Architecture for the web with ASP.NET
- Designing for unit testing
- Strategies for dealing with common performance issues
Skill Level Advanced
Deploying ASP.NET Core Applicationswith Nate Barbettini57m 57s Intermediate
Microsoft SQL Server 2016 Essential Trainingwith Martin Guidry3h 18m Intermediate
1. Why Do All of This Architecture?
2. Design Patterns with EF
3. Error Handling
4. Architecture for the Web with ASP.NET
5. Designing for Unit Testing
6. Entity Framework Mistakes
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.