Unlike Entity Framework 6, which contained everything in a single install, Entity Framework Core is modular and follows an opt-in model. In this section, Phil explains the configuration process of EF Core, including support for dependency injection and different database providers.
- Derived DbContext classes such as our AdventureWorks…context class, are configured with an instance…of the DbContextOptions class.…And you create this in code using…the DbContextOptionsBuilder.…The configuration options include:…database provide and relevant connection information,…provider level options,…and general Entity Framework behaviors.…The DbContextOptions are supplied to the DbContext…either by a constructor argument supporting…dependency injection, or in the OnConfiguring method,…which is a fallback mechanism that we will discuss…in greater detail in the next section.…
The database provider is specified in code instead…of the connection string as we do in typical ADO.NET.…And there are methods off of the options builder,…such as UseSqlServer, UseMySql, et cetera.…Since this course is focusing on the SQL Server…provider, I've listed some of the options available…when using that provider.…EnableRetryOnFailure or custom ExecutionStrategy,…and this is used to configure connection resiliency…and we'll be talking about that soon.…
- Entity Framework Core components and projects
- Working with scaffolded files
- Testing with xUnit
- Viewing generated SQL
- Composing queries
- Sorting and filtering results
- Working with aggregates
- Loading related data
- Logging and tracking
- Mapping functions
- Generics and delegates
- Checking concurrency
- Resiliency and transactions
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Entity Framework Corewith Reynald Adolphe1h 35m Intermediate
1. Get to Know Entity Framework
2. Set the Stage
3. Querying Data: Part 1
4. Querying Data: Part 2
5. Advanced Query Features
6. Persisting Data
7. DbContext Options and Configuration
Thank you1m 23s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.