EF Core facilitates concurrency handling issues well. In this video, see how to create and handle a concurrency issue with EF Core.
- [Instructor] When multiple people can access a database…at the same time,…it's possible for the same row…to be updated by two different people.…With EF Core, we can build our application…to handle these exceptions to prevent users…from losing information.…It's going to take a little bit of set up,…but let's build out a feature…to show concurrency handling in EF Core.…First, we're going to make the total value field…on the order a concurrency token,…so that if an order changes value,…the status of the order cannot be set…with an old total.…
We're going to add the ability to discount an order…to change its total value,…and the ability to mark an order paid.…We're going to set up total value…as concurrency token on the order…so that if the order changes its total value,…the status of the order won't be updated…with the old total value.…This would prevent an order from being marked paid…with the wrong price.…This is a special case of using a concurrency token.…It's more common to use a concurrency token…for a whole row,…
- What is good application architecture?
- Real-world software and the SDLC
- Common knowledge and maintenance
- Choosing an architecture
- Design patterns with EF
- Debugging and error handling
- Architecture for the web with ASP.NET
- Designing for unit testing
- Strategies for dealing with common performance issues
Skill Level Advanced
Deploying ASP.NET Core Applicationswith Nate Barbettini57m 57s Intermediate
Microsoft SQL Server 2016 Essential Trainingwith Martin Guidry3h 18m Intermediate
1. Why Do All of This Architecture?
2. Design Patterns with EF
3. Error Handling
4. Architecture for the Web with ASP.NET
5. Designing for Unit Testing
6. Entity Framework Mistakes
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.