Bad tests have turned many good developers away from testing. Learn about ways that testing often goes wrong.
- [Instructor] We have a framework and some examples…to use to begin building out unit tests…for the application.…But before we leave unit testing,…I want to discuss some of the ways…that I've most often seen testing go wrong.…Bad tests have turned many good developers…away from testing.…Getting good developers to write tests early and often…needs to be part of the development process…to keep down bad grades,…and believe it or not, speed up development.…"Tests are great,…"but we don't have time to write them," is a myth.…
Writing tests almost always has a positive impact…on a project's development time when done right.…Yes, tests do involve code that takes time to type out.…But that time is returned in a couple of different ways.…The first key to test saving time…is not writing tests that don't test logic.…Get and set has been well tested.…Adding your own tests isn't going to make it any better.…I can test a thousand simple property getters…and write a lot of code and feel good…about having a thousand tests,…but those tests are useless.…
- What is good application architecture?
- Real-world software and the SDLC
- Common knowledge and maintenance
- Choosing an architecture
- Design patterns with EF
- Debugging and error handling
- Architecture for the web with ASP.NET
- Designing for unit testing
- Strategies for dealing with common performance issues
Skill Level Advanced
Deploying ASP.NET Core Applications (2017)with Nate Barbettini57m 57s Intermediate
Microsoft SQL Server 2016 Essential Trainingwith Martin Guidry3h 18m Intermediate
1. Why Do All of This Architecture?
2. Design Patterns with EF
3. Error Handling
4. Architecture for the Web with ASP.NET
5. Designing for Unit Testing
6. Entity Framework Mistakes
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.