Understand the value of sharing a standard application architecture.
- [Narrator] Don't underestimate the power of…common knowledge when building an application,…or a suite of applications.…The value of a standard or semi-standard architecture…is significant.…Being familiar with a standard MVC project,…means that any company's application…that uses the same architecture…makes sense to any developer who walks in the door.…There will always be differences…in industries and functionality.…The value in common patterns,…is that a developer can focus on things…like the actual domain, and what tool the users really need,…rather than the details of the implementation.…
The abstractions that common software providers provide…allow one to think about smaller pieces,…rather than the whole of the detail behind it.…For example, using the service locator pattern,…means the developer doesn't have to worry…about where the service comes from, or what it depends on.…Just knowing that a logger service exists,…and can be used when needed,…means the developer doesn't have to think about it.…The abstraction allows developers…
- What is good application architecture?
- Real-world software and the SDLC
- Common knowledge and maintenance
- Choosing an architecture
- Design patterns with EF
- Debugging and error handling
- Architecture for the web with ASP.NET
- Designing for unit testing
- Strategies for dealing with common performance issues
Skill Level Advanced
Deploying ASP.NET Core Applicationswith Nate Barbettini57m 57s Intermediate
Microsoft SQL Server 2016 Essential Trainingwith Martin Guidry3h 18m Intermediate
1. Why Do All of This Architecture?
2. Design Patterns with EF
3. Error Handling
4. Architecture for the Web with ASP.NET
5. Designing for Unit Testing
6. Entity Framework Mistakes
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.