Join Richard Goforth for an in-depth discussion in this video Challenge: Product recall, part of Accessing Existing Databases with Entity Framework Core.
- [Narrator] Let's bring together…what we've learned in this chapter, for a little challenge.…Let's start in the main program…and remove the code from previous videos.…Product MWRAS32 had just been recalled,…and we need to notify all of the customers who purchased it.…Let's return a list of customer names,…last comma first, with phone numbers…to help perform this task.…For an extra challenge, sort the customers by last name…and ensure that there are no duplicates in the list.…I'll type the name of that product ID out.…Go ahead and give this a try on your own,…then check out the solution video,…where I'll show you how I solve the problem.…
- Setting up your project
- Connecting to a legacy database
- Scaffolding an initial model and context
- Improving the model
- Updating properties and indexes
- Adding concurrency tokens and timestamps
- Creating complex relationships
- Working with non-Microsoft databases such as SQLite and PostgreSQL
Skill Level Intermediate
SQL Server 2014 Essential Trainingwith Martin Guidry3h 51m Intermediate
Microsoft SQL Server 2014: Backup and Recoverywith Martin Guidry1h 22m Intermediate
1. Get Started with EF Core: On Your Legacy Database
2. Improve the Model
3. Model Complex Relationships
4. Work with Non-Microsoft Databases
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.