Caching can be a powerful asset within a data-driven application, and can work well with EF Core.
- [Instructor] When writing a data driven application,…certain queries can arise that…return a lot of data and do so often.…If this becomes a bottleneck,…adding some caching can significantly improve…the performance of the application.…Let's explore how caching can fit in…with our application's architecture.…The first option is simply not caching.…Caching is not a cure all,…it comes with some significant caveats,…and really shouldn't be added until it is necessary.…Adding the complications of caching to every solution…doesn't mean that every app will perform better.…
It just means that every app has to deal with…the problems that caching can create.…It is more code that can have bugs in it.…The displayed data might not match the database,…and it can use a lot of application memory.…After all that, it might not even help that much.…Before starting to code, consider…what layer the caching belongs at.…It will be different based on…the application and the use case.…In our case, we'll add it at the business layer,…but adding it at the web…
- What is good application architecture?
- Real-world software and the SDLC
- Common knowledge and maintenance
- Choosing an architecture
- Design patterns with EF
- Debugging and error handling
- Architecture for the web with ASP.NET
- Designing for unit testing
- Strategies for dealing with common performance issues
Skill Level Advanced
Deploying ASP.NET Core Applicationswith Nate Barbettini57m 57s Intermediate
Microsoft SQL Server 2016 Essential Trainingwith Martin Guidry3h 18m Intermediate
1. Why Do All of This Architecture?
2. Design Patterns with EF
3. Error Handling
4. Architecture for the Web with ASP.NET
5. Designing for Unit Testing
6. Entity Framework Mistakes
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.