In this movie we answer the question "What is branding?". We'll explore how a brand is an emotional experience. A brand is created by a persons perceptions about your product, service, or company. Good branding is about embedding what makes you unique, in the mind of others. Brands are more than just logos and names, they encompass every single touchpoint. Getting good at branding, means understanding what a brand really is.
- Branding is one of those terms that tends to carry…many definitions along with it.…Some people attribute branding to a logo,…to others it's an identity, and to some, it's a product.…But let's clear the air…and reestablish what branding really is.…A brand is an emotional experience.…It's a person's perceptions about your product,…service, or company.…Branding is about embedding what makes you unique…in the mind of others.…When a loyal customer recalls your brand,…it's tied to a feeling in their mind.…
There's an association there and it's your responsibility…to not only create that association, but manage it too.…Think about it.…Everything we smell, see, touch, hear, and do…becomes associated with a memory in our mind.…Branding is about making sure that when a customer…sees your logo, walks into your store,…or receives an advertisement,…that this connection in their brain…aligns with what makes you unique.…It's genuinely important that it aligns…with associations that create a sense of who you are,…what you're selling, and why they want it.…
Explore best practices for researching, developing, visualizing, and managing your brand, and learn about incorporating your brand throughout various customer touchpoints and keeping tabs on your brand as your company grows.
- Explain the definition of a brand.
- Describe the purpose of a brand.
- Identify the purpose of a brand strategy.
- Summarize the steps for creating a vision statement.
- Determine the purpose of a touchpoint.
- Distinguish between two types of brand detractors.
- Recall the elements necessary for achieving high brand equity.
Skill Level Advanced
1. Components of Branding
2. Brand Research
3. Brand Development
4. Brand Experience
5. Brand Touchpoints
The influence of touchpoints3m 40s
6. Brand Management
7. Brand Loyalty
8. Brand Validation
Next Steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.