This course is meant to take you a step deeper from the Branding Fundamentals course here on Lynda.com. We are going to review some of the same concepts, and then we’re going to answer many questions, including: What is Branding? How do I create a brand? And how do I manage my brand? This course goes in-depth on what Branding really is, how it works, and how you can build and maintain a competitive brand.
- Before we dive in, I want to take a minute to establish what we're going to be covering so you're ready with the right mindset. This course is meant to take you a step deeper from the Branding Fundamentals course on this site. If you haven't watched Branding Fundamentals yet, I encourage you to explore the aspects that are relevant to you before working through this one. Together, we're going to take those fundamental concepts of branding and review them in even more detail. This means that some of what we're talking about might be a repeat of what you learned in Branding Fundamentals, and that's okay.
My hope is that I can provide you with another perspective and create opportunities to move your branding project forward with clear, actionable steps. Now with that said, there's an incredible amount of teachable opportunities on the topic of branding, and while this is an advanced course, we're not going to be able to cover everything. You could fill a dozen textbooks with branding concepts and still have only scratched the surface. My hope is that through this course, I can distill a lot of these ideas into something you can put in motion and also help you identify topics that you can research and explore beyond our time together.
Now this course won't provide you with instant solutions, but instead, the tools and skills necessary to carefully craft your own. We're going to approach branding from a single architecture approach. This means, looking at branding where the company and the product or service are synonymous. I won't be exploring the branding of products within a parent company, but you'll still be able to leverage a lot of this material. We also won't be discussing how to come up with a name, develop websites, taglines, or how to design all of the pieces that make up your identity.
I will, however, point you to some excellent courses here on this site that discuss those topics. This course is about the strategy, philosophy, and actionable approach to branding a new or existing business. The goal is to give you a better idea of the principles on how branding works and the skills necessary to then shape these principles into your own.
Explore best practices for researching, developing, visualizing, and managing your brand, and learn about incorporating your brand throughout various customer touchpoints and keeping tabs on your brand as your company grows.
- Components of branding
- Creating a brand strategy
- Conducting a brand audit
- Crafting your vision statement and selling position
- Evaluating brand visuals, colors, and language
- Enhancing brand touchpoints
- Measuring brand loyalty and equity