Anything that your user can encounter is part of your brand system. And it’s a system because all of these touch-points are connected. Together, they form a complex representation of your brand. In this movie we will explore three components of the branding system: physical, mental, and sociocultural.
- We've done a good job working through…the conceptual elements of a brand…and now we're ready to talk about…the pieces that we typically find most familiar,…the physical ones.…I'm talking about your office or store,…products, packaging, collateral,…digital media and so on.…Anything that your user can encounter…is part of your brand system.…And it's a system because all of these…touch points are connected.…Together they form a complex representation of your brand.…And I don't wanna use the word complex lightly,…this system is incredibly intricate.…
Think about it with me for a minute.…At the surface you have all of these…easy to understand physical touch points.…A business card, the signage out front,…the color of the packaging, you get it.…And we can build each of these pieces independently…and look at them and say, okay, yeah,…this is on brand, this represents who we are.…But take it a step further and think about…the social interpretation of these pieces.…We as people come from different cultures…and sub-cultures, we've had different jobs,…
Explore best practices for researching, developing, visualizing, and managing your brand, and learn about incorporating your brand throughout various customer touchpoints and keeping tabs on your brand as your company grows.
- Explain the definition of a brand.
- Describe the purpose of a brand.
- Identify the purpose of a brand strategy.
- Summarize the steps for creating a vision statement.
- Determine the purpose of a touchpoint.
- Distinguish between two types of brand detractors.
- Recall the elements necessary for achieving high brand equity.
Skill Level Advanced
1. Components of Branding
2. Brand Research
3. Brand Development
4. Brand Experience
5. Brand Touchpoints
The influence of touchpoints3m 40s
6. Brand Management
7. Brand Loyalty
8. Brand Validation
Next Steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.