The way the brand chooses to speak to the consumer must be reflective of its style - it’s just as important to establishing the brand identity as the visuals and the vision. Brand language can also be known as your brand voice or brand tone. Together we'll answer the question how to create a brand voice. Most companies tend to establish voice at the end of a branding exercise, almost as an afterthought. I’d encourage you to instead explore your voice at the start of the branding project.
- View Offline
- One of the final pieces in branding, comes about…though the use of language.…The way the brand chooses to speak to the consumer…must be reflective of it's style.…It's just as important to establishing…the brand identity as the visuals and the vision.…Most companies tend to establish voice…at the end of a branding exercise.…Almost as an after-thought.…I'd encourage you to instead, explore…your voice at the start of the branding project.…Draft a one page brand story, that takes…your brand research and development pieces…and weaves them into a message you'd share…with the consumer.…
Craft this message, not as an internal brief,…but instead copyright it.…Invest in the development so that the language…used carries the essence of your brand identity.…You'll find that this exercise lets…you experience the brand as if it's your first introduction.…Imagine an introduction with someone you've just met.…The way they talk, carry themselves,…and how they introduce themselves,…is all incredibly important in how you will…perceive that person.…
Explore best practices for researching, developing, visualizing, and managing your brand, and learn about incorporating your brand throughout various customer touchpoints and keeping tabs on your brand as your company grows.
- Components of branding
- Creating a brand strategy
- Conducting a brand audit
- Crafting your vision statement and selling position
- Evaluating brand visuals, colors, and language
- Enhancing brand touchpoints
- Measuring brand loyalty and equity