- Define brand.
- Explain the significance of brands.
- Outline the steps of the branding process.
- Identify your core values and purpose.
- Create brand drivers.
- Design your brand architecture.
- Identify and understand customers.
- Link brand to product and service.
- Manage brand equity.
Skill Level Beginner
- Creating and managing brands is one of the most important and challenging activities in all of marketing. A brand can be an enormously valuable asset for your company if it's done properly. In fact, for some companies, brands are the single most valuable asset the company owns. I'm Drew Boyd, and I've been in the marketing profession for over 30 years. I teach branding to graduate students and I help companies improve their branding effectiveness.
In this course, I'll share with you a step-by-step process for creating a brand, linking that brand to your company's core values, and launching the brand into the marketplace to get it working for you. Whether you have existing brands, or you're starting from scratch to create a new one, this course features the tools and frameworks needed to build brand equity. Strong, effective brands give you a competitive advantage in the marketplace and help you weather the storms of market competition and other challenges.
Like marketing, branding is an exciting career field of its own, but it takes talent and dedication. Through the concepts I'll share with you in this course, you'll begin to develop the skills to create successful and authentic brands.