To create a strong brand it needs to be positioned in such a way that it gains attraction from, and resonates with a particular audience. In this movie we explore how to position a brand and what is brand positioning. You'll learn how to use touchpoints to position your brand and the ways in which you can evaluate and determine frame of reference.
- The digital landscape has really changed…the game for brands.…Historically, brands provided a way…to confidently purchase something.…Once a brand established trust, it was challenging…for a competitor to move into that space.…People rarely shifted their brand loyalty,…and it was much harder for a new brand to attract attention.…But we're in a whole different market now.…Today's digital consumer can evaluate a brand…end to end with a quick Google search.…New brands appear daily and claim to pick up…where other brands have left off.…
You can get dish soap, then you can get…eco friendly dish soap, and then there's…eco friendly and corporate responsible dish soap,…and there's likely even eco friendly…corporate responsible locally sourced dish soap.…Each of these products is positioned in such a way…that it gains attraction from and resonates…with a particular audience.…Now, some might roll their eyes…at the idea of fancy dish soap.…They might think it's just soap,…but others see a certain kind of soap…as fitting into their lifestyle.…
Explore best practices for researching, developing, visualizing, and managing your brand, and learn about incorporating your brand throughout various customer touchpoints and keeping tabs on your brand as your company grows.
- Explain the definition of a brand.
- Describe the purpose of a brand.
- Identify the purpose of a brand strategy.
- Summarize the steps for creating a vision statement.
- Determine the purpose of a touchpoint.
- Distinguish between two types of brand detractors.
- Recall the elements necessary for achieving high brand equity.
Skill Level Advanced
1. Components of Branding
2. Brand Research
3. Brand Development
4. Brand Experience
5. Brand Touchpoints
The influence of touchpoints3m 40s
6. Brand Management
7. Brand Loyalty
8. Brand Validation
Next Steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.