Any consumer that is motivated to drive people away from your brand is known as a brand detractor. Together we'll look at what a brand detractor is, and how you can find them and work to turn them into brand promoters. We will also look at how you can use your brand detractors to better understand your competition.
- Even the best brands encounter brand detractors.…This group is the exact opposite of a brand promoter,…they're motivated to drive people away from your brand,…some detractors are extremely active,…they'll post content that paints you in a negative light,…they'll intentionally leave negative reviews,…and have an almost personal mission to make sure…everyone knows they're against your brand.…Other detractors are more passive,…they only critique your brand when the subject comes up.…Regardless of how active the detractor is,…they'll fall into two categories,…subjective and objective.…
A subjective detractor doesn't list their reasons…for being against your brand,…they typically had a bad experience,…and while it might not be typical of your brand…it rubbed them the wrong way.…They react completely on opinion,…and they're motivated by an emotional feeling.…Imagine this type of detractor as being genuinely upset,…and they have to express that emotion…through active objections to your brand.…A subjective detractor is going to be influential…
Explore best practices for researching, developing, visualizing, and managing your brand, and learn about incorporating your brand throughout various customer touchpoints and keeping tabs on your brand as your company grows.
- Components of branding
- Creating a brand strategy
- Conducting a brand audit
- Crafting your vision statement and selling position
- Evaluating brand visuals, colors, and language
- Enhancing brand touchpoints
- Measuring brand loyalty and equity
Skill Level Advanced
1. Components of Branding
2. Brand Research
3. Brand Development
4. Brand Experience
5. Brand Touchpoints
The influence of touchpoints3m 40s
6. Brand Management
7. Brand Loyalty
8. Brand Validation
Next Steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.