Join Robert Smallwood for an in-depth discussion in this video What you need to know, part of Introduction to Information Governance.
- View Offline
- [Voiceover] Here's what you need to know or have an interest in before taking this course. If you have an interest in securing information, whether it be your personal mobile device or your corporate data stores, we will give you actionable information and will go beyond that to help you develop information use policies from email to social media to cloud use. Take this course and you'll be prepared and not be a victim.
Information governance (IG) helps organizations minimize information risks and costs while maximizing its value. IG is about security, control, and optimization of information. Learn the basic tenets of the emerging field of IG, beginning with definitions and concepts. Robert Smallwood explains the basics of IG and identifies key areas where an IG program will make a difference. He shares proven strategies, methods, and best practices for ensuring the ongoing success of your IG program.
- The definition of information governance
- The principles and best practices of information governance
- Why invest in information governance?
- The three-part IG framework
- Policies for email, social media, mobile, and cloud computing